Monday, March 3, 2008

PARADISE IS INCONVENIENT...NO WALMART


My car has broken down. It has to go to the dealer for service. Where is the nearest dealer? 117 MILES AWAY!!!

So it is being towed as we speak. Thank God for the dealership's roadside assistance. It pays to be overinsured and protected.

Maybe the car can make a pitstop at WALMART, since that's only 99 miles away.

You see what I have to deal with? Pretty but inconvenient. Even when I lived in the boondocks (we're talking deer and bears on the property, no neighbors, forest all around), WALMART was still 5-10 minutes away.

I sometimes wonder what would happen if any of us get sick down here. We'd have to be transferred to Miami for anything major. Not that the care isn't good here...it's fine. The hospitals write our paycheck. But they're only equipped for so much.

Not to mention the fact that there's no WALMART........no MALLS.....BK and McD's are 20 miles away in either direction.  Plenty of marine supply stores, but I can't find much else.

Oh well.....I'll do some shopping when I pick up the car. Maybe I'll go to WALMART!

No comments: