Friday, March 14, 2008

MOM IS SICK....and the world is coming to an end.


It's happened. After swabbing all those runny noses for RSV in the ER, I've finally got my own version of the "creeping crud". My nose is stuffy, my body aches, and it's 80 degrees and I feel chilled, even in my flannel flamingo jammies. Life sucks when you're not feeling well. I am not a good patient. I have to work all weekend!  
Weekends in the ER: drunks, crazies, and more runny noses. I have a lot to look forward to.

Thank God my coworkers will provide warm blankets, the occasional IV fluid bag and moral support. Did I mention I'm not a good patient?
I'll just do my shifts, sleep all day, send everyone away (go fishing--PLEASE! GO! And you little girl--go take some pictures with your friends. Have fun. Enjoy the fact that I'm not up to speed). If I survive the weekend, it's all good. No cooking or cleaning or laundry for me, thank you. I'll deal with this on Monday (if I survive).


It's my pity party and I'll die if I want to.

No comments: