Saturday, May 17, 2008

At last......

Here I am at 0550. I'm at work. The traffic in the ER has finally subsided.

We've had steady, uneventful traffic all night. Sore throats, flu symptoms, croupy kids. A couple of inebriates. Lots of Cuban coffee to keep us on our toes. It's been a rough couple of days. Just the luck of the draw. Even our favorite ER doc couldn't end the run. Usually depend on him to give us a good night. Treat 'em and street 'em is the name of the game.

Oh well....

I'm not going home to sleep today. I'm going out to my private island to enjoy the day. I'll sleep in the inflatable liferaft tethered to the boat. If the current gets me, I might be in Havana by tonight. This tan is too good to lose....I'm on a roll.

From our little corner of the world, signing out....have a great weekend, wherever you may find yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds soooo good! Where's your links to other sites you read? Do you know how to put them up on Blogger? I'm looking forward to my dream of a clinic on a beach somewhere.