Monday, June 30, 2008

WHEN SLICK TEEN QUEENS GOES BAD


I love it when my teen thinks she's soooo slick that she can get away with anything and Mom will believe it.

Case in point:

I was going off to work. Papi was catering a party. Teen and Best Friend were at home, staying over. They were specifically instructed not to leave the house that night. "NO PROBLEM MOM, WE'RE JUST GOING TO CHILL HERE." right........

I call several times to check up on them. Everything's fine until about 9:30pm when no one picks up the call. Papi gets home at 10:30pm, and no one's home. Apparently Teen Queen had called and said they were at Best Friend's house to pick up hair dye and were "on their way back". So he went to bed and fell asleep. They didn't pick up the phone again until 02:30am. And proceeded to tell me the following story, both by phone and in this interesting e-mail:

Hey. You had to go right when i got Dan awake, but anyways.
Hopefully it calms down and you check your email.
if not, you're checking this when youre awake or just getting home or something.

Anyways- i was home.
I needed to bring back the bleach, and pink dye because i left it at Carina's
and She needed clothes anyhow, so we took a bus. and the next one came in 30 minutes.
so we just waited.

We got here at like...7? 7ish.
and knocked out.
lights out.
the only light on in the house was the one in the kitchen.
so when Dan came in, he could see.
Dan probally didnt check my room.

and the pets were outside, so yeah.
but i have D E F I N I T E L Y been home all night except for those like 45 mins,
maybe hour.


Okay? whether you choose to believe me or not is up to you. but yeah. thats what
happened.

Night night.



So how many conflicting stories do we have here?

When I get home at 7am, I drag the Teen out of bed and again ask here where she's been, what time she gets home, etc. The story starts to deviate again. So I put both her and Best Friend in the car, drive to Best Friend's house, wake up her parents and say...."We have a little problem with the girls' whereabouts last night". BUSTED!!!!!

So, where were the girls last night? In Key West. Supposedly at the movies. How did they get there? How did they get back?

How did they manage to get into sooooo much TROUBLE?

Kid, let me tell you something. I came and went on that road already. There isn't a story you can tell me that I haven't heard or used before. Don't try to outslick an adult. That's why we're ADULTS and you're still a KID. And parents don't do this because we want to keep you down and from having fun. We just want to keep you SAFE. We want to keep away that dreaded phone call or knock on the door in the middle of the night with the bad news. We want to make sure you never have to live through a bad accident, a rape, a beating, a night in jail. It's already cost you a trip to Daytona Beach to see your best friend, your computer access, your phone and your summer in the Keys. And just WAIT until your father finds out!

You'll have plenty of time to have fun. PLENTY OF TIME to dance on tables and date icky boys your mom won't like. Plenty of time to let loose on the world. Just not now until you learn to be trustworthy and responsible.

JUST NOT NOW BECAUSE YOU'RE GROUNDED FOR LIFE!!!

No comments: