Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthday Party at Buon Appetito Cudjoe Key



The MOJO celebrated a birthday yesterday! Not quite young, not quite older than dirt, but something to celebrate anyway. I had planned to skydive at Sugarloaf Key, but we have been under cloud cover and torrential rain all weekend, and the view would not have been as spectacular as on a clear, sunny day. So that plan has been postponed but not indefinitely. I still plan to jump. And depending on the TeenQueen's behavior, I might even pull the ripcord.

I did celebrate my birthday very intimately, just Papi and I, all dressed up like adults. Papi has friends that own this fabulous little restaurant in Cudjoe Key. It's called Buon Appetito, and MY GOD THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR! We don't eat out much because I have my own in-home private chef, but when he loved their food and highly raved about it, I definitely had to try it. The tastiest and most sublime Italian cuisine I've had in a long time, and probably the best I've had in the Keys. Nice location, on the water, indoor and outdoor seating, and the owners and staff are incredibly attentive. And did I mention the food? Very YUMMY!

Definitely make it a stop if you're in the lower Keys. It's only 15 minutes outside of Key West in Cudjoe, but it's the best little road trip you'll ever make. Thanks again to the owners Maria Elena and Alberto, the chef and the Maitre d, for making my birthday celebration wonderful!

Oh, and thank you Papi, for braving the torrential rain to get me there to make this magical night happen.

1 comment:

JS said...

I think I'll be in the keys the end of January. I will have to check it out. JS