Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DO YOU LOVE WHAT YOU DO?

I love my job.

I love days like this when I leave work knowing I was able to help someone feel better, breathe better, get well faster, fix an issue. I love it that my job provides satisfaction on so many levels. I really though that eventually, I would burn out on nursing if I did it long enough. Not the case here.

Maybe it's because I don't allow myself to get bored. Maybe that's why I sign up to work in different areas. That way I rotate and stay fresh. It's still exciting after all these years, no matter how calm I look while I'm doing the work.

That's why I need to go back to school. I need to broaden my knowledge base. Just in case somewhere along the line it isn't fun anymore.

But in the meantime..........It's still fun. And I'm enjoying every minute of it.

No comments: